Excellent benefits. Great opportunities for advancement. A friendly corporate culture — and a
chance to be a part of a growing auto finance company that could take your career to the next level.
There are many reasons to consider a career with MUSA Auto Finance. If you are innovative and
open to change, take an aggressive approach to growth, like technology, and want to make a name
for yourself in the auto industry, we would love to hear from you.
MUSA careers come with an exceptional benefit package, including health insurance through Blue
Cross Blue Shield, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K program. Our Dallas, Texas office
features an onsite fitness facility where our employees can work out, free of charge. We also offer a
unique telemedicine program called freshbenies, which allows our employees to call a doctor 24/7,
and receive prescriptions and medical advice over the phone — without ever setting foot in a
Our company values include honesty, integrity, responsibility, transparency, innovation and respect.
We reward our employees well for their hard work, and provide them with training to advance their
career and achieve greater success. Available MUSA jobs vary depending on the company’s needs
at a given time, but may include positions in leadership, underwriting, funding and sales, servicing
and collections. Browse MUSA careers today — and submit your resume for consideration.
The Director of Credit is responsible for leading a team of underwriters/buyers to achieve the company’s credit performance, customer service, and volume goals. In order to accomplish this, they must ensure consistent underwriting standards, develop processes and procedures, and provide coaching to the team. Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Job duties include:
- Coach, develop, and motivate underwriting team to exceed goals
- Develop processes and procedures to ensure consistent underwriting and compliance with state and federal regulations
- Maximize portfolio revenue by practicing sound underwriting judgment and risk management principles
- Communicate daily with dealers and sales representatives on production and issues
- Assist in funding process as needed
- Perform other job duties as required
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in auto finance
- Experience managing a team of underwriters
- Knowledge of auto dealer operations, finance departments, and the retail automotive finance industry
- Strong interpersonal and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate to maintain sales and performance goals
- Ability to cultivate and coordinate internal and external key relationships
- Strong ability for strategic vision and make decisions in fast paced work environment
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and ethically
- Must have professional appearance to support positive company image
- Must be proficient in computer software such as Excel, Word, Dealer Track and Route One.
- Working knowledge of regulations including but not limited to Truth In Lending Act (REG Z), Right To Financial Privacy Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Housing Act (FHA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), US Patriot Act (OFAC), and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
Do you love being out in the field meeting with people, shaking hands and building relationships? Are you someone who thrives on reaching your sales goals and always wants to be number one? If you are, then MUSA’s Dealer Sales Manager role is for you. You will help MUSA launch our new program nationally and help us build our business from ground zero. MUSA will provide you with a wide array of marketing tools to assist you along the way. The founders and leaders of MUSA foster a team environment where everyone wears multiple hats. We’re looking for people who want to join a company getting ready to explode but not act like your big auto finance companies. We’re having fun and expect you to have fun and enjoy what you do. People who don’t have an entrepreneurial spirit need not apply. If you’re someone who loves living life to the fullest, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dealer Sales Representative (DSR) is responsible for marketing and sales activities for an assigned territory, and the development and maintenance of existing dealership relationships to ensure volume objectives. This team member will provide quality customer service by satisfying the business needs of the customers and MUSA Auto Finance. This team member’s overall responsibility will be to develop dealer relationships that generate lease/retail contracts.
- Manages accounts through field visits, phone calls, emails and follow up
- Conducts Sales and Finance presentations
- Utilizes and updates all reporting and sales tools including SugarCRM
- Assists Funding and Credit with loan process
- Educates the dealerships about new policies and guidelines
- Sets and reports monthly goals
- Attends and participates during meetings and conference calls
- Develops marketing promotional campaigns and dealer incentives
- Performs other duties as required
· Account Management – Expands sales within existing accounts, focuses on customer service, develops relationships with key decision makers, understands and responds to customer needs, tracks and monitors account activity.
· Sales Goals – Achieves business plan goals, meets new business development goals, and sells an appropriate product mix.
· Sales Skills – Develops new business, identifies and sells to customer needs, translates product features to benefits, has good listening skills, is sensitive to customers, delivers effective presentations, negotiates well, uses closing skills appropriately, develops sales skills.
· Territory Management – Develops detailed sales/marketing plans, forecasts sales, manages time and work flow, creates effective call plans, monitors and responds to competition, networks and generates referrals.
· Customer Focus – Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
· Customer Service – Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
· Negotiation Skills – Conducts positive negotiations, ability to compromise, handles conflict, seeks common ground, articulates own and others goals, stays focused on positive outcome.
· Product Knowledge – Knows and explains product features/benefits, understands/sells the full product line, understands customer’s business operations and needs, understands/responds to the competition, applies market knowledge.