Excellent benefits. Great opportunities for advancement. A friendly corporate culture — and a
chance to be a part of a growing auto finance company that could take your career to the next level.
There are many reasons to consider a career with MUSA Auto Finance. If you are innovative and
open to change, take an aggressive approach to growth, like technology, and want to make a name
for yourself in the auto industry, we would love to hear from you.
MUSA careers come with an exceptional benefit package, including health insurance through Blue
Cross Blue Shield, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K program. Our Dallas, Texas office
features an onsite fitness facility where our employees can work out, free of charge. We also offer a
unique telemedicine program called freshbenies, which allows our employees to call a doctor 24/7,
and receive prescriptions and medical advice over the phone — without ever setting foot in a
Our company values include honesty, integrity, responsibility, transparency, innovation and respect.
We reward our employees well for their hard work, and provide them with training to advance their
career and achieve greater success. Available MUSA jobs vary depending on the company’s needs
at a given time, but may include positions in leadership, underwriting, funding and sales, servicing
and collections. Browse MUSA careers today — and submit your resume for consideration.
|Job Title:||Dealer Sales Manager (Leasing Expert)||Date:||7/17/18|
|Reports to:||Vice President of Sales and Marketing|
|Locations:||San Francisco, DC, Pheonix, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Denver|
|Type of Position||Full-time||Exempt|
|The Dealer Account Manager (DAM) is responsible for marketing and sales activities for an assigned territory, and the development and maintenance of existing dealership relationships to ensure volume objectives. This team member will provide quality customer service by satisfying the business needs of the customers and MUSA Auto Finance. This team member’s overall responsibility will be to develop dealer relationships that generate lease contracts.|
|1. Manages accounts through field visits, phone calls, emails and follow up||20%|
|2. Conducts Sales and Finance presentations||10%|
|3. Utilizes and updates all reporting and sales tools including SugarCRM||10%|
|4. Assists Funding and Credit with loan process||10%|
|5. Educates the dealerships about new policies and guidelines||10%|
|6. Sets and reports monthly goals||10%|
|7. Attends and participates during meetings and conference calls||10%|
|8. Develops marketing promotional campaigns and dealer incentives||10%|
|9. Performs other duties as required||10%|
QUALIFICATIONS – Education and Work Experience
|– High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
– Five (5) or more years of successful sales experience.
– Strong interpersonal and people skills.
– Must have strong marketing and sales skills.
– Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Must have professional appearance to support positive company image.
– Must be proficient in computer software such as Excel, Word, Dealer Track and Route One.
Physical / Special Requirements
|– May be required to work Saturdays.
– Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
|· Account Management – Expands sales within existing accounts, focuses on customer service, develops relationships with key decision makers, understands and responds to customer needs, tracks and monitors account activity.
· Sales Goals – Achieves business plan goals, meets new business development goals, and sells an appropriate product mix.
· Sales Skills – Develops new business, identifies and sells to customer needs, translates product features to benefits, has good listening skills, is sensitive to customers, delivers effective presentations, negotiates well, uses closing skills appropriately, develops sales skills.
· Territory Management – Develops detailed sales/marketing plans, forecasts sales, manages time and work flow, creates effective call plans, monitors and responds to competition, networks and generates referrals.
· Customer Focus – Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
· Customer Service – Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
· Negotiation Skills – Conducts positive negotiations, ability to compromise, handles conflict, seeks common ground, articulates own and others goals, stays focused on positive outcome.
· Product Knowledge – Knows and explains product features/benefits, understands/sells the full product line, understands customer’s business operations and needs, understands/responds to the competition, applies market knowledge.
Interested applicants, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Operational Risk Analyst
Reports To: Director of Decision Science
Location: Corporate Headquarters
Job Summary: Operational Risk Analyst to support the growth within our Decision Science team. This position is responsible for reporting on operational and portfolio metrics, conduction data and business analysis, utilizing best practices of data analysis and validation to ensure data results are accurate, summarizing findings to management in a clear, concise, convincing and actionable format.
- Operational and management reporting efforts on an auto finance portfolio
- Analysis and reporting utilizing data mining and spreadsheet skills
- Monitor departmental performance of the operational groups
- Focus on factors that affect portfolio performance such as delinquency, loss frequency, loss severity and bankruptcies
- Proficient with SQL (Base SAS preferred)
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with respect to data analysis and reporting
- Querying skills and knowledge in a data warehouse environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task with regard to meeting deadlines
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with ability to communicate clearly.
- Excellent relationship management skills across all of levels of staff.
- Communication: Communicate well verbally and in writing with co-workers and regulators as liaison between Company’s internal departments to ensure cohesive business flow.
- Equipment: Use such office equipment as computer terminals, copiers and FAX machines.
- Physical: Sit and stand for extended time periods. Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree in MIS, Finance, Economics, or Business a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience in querying large multi-table datasets and data presentation is a must.
- Experience in consumer loans/lease portfolio servicing analysis is preferred.
- Auto finance experience is a plus.
- Business intelligence experience.
- Strong data validation skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Goal oriented, self-starter with proven ability to work independently.
Role: SVP, Risk Management
Reports to: President, MUSA Companies
Location: Corporate Headquarters
The SVP of Risk Management will be charged with developing any analytical frameworks that will have an essential influence on the growth and development of the company.
- Research, develop and implement new methods of measuring and analyzing large and highly complicated data sets
- Work with a variety of cutting-edge innovative software tools and open sources to gather, cleanse and analyze complex financial data
- Design and build predictive models using machine learning methods, to solve the math in order to solve business problems, whilst engaging in data analysis at the highest level and communicating with major stakeholders internally
- Perform any duties related to mathematics for the company
- Other job duties as required
- Advanced degree in MA/MS or higher, in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or another quantitative discipline.
- You are exceptional at designing and building predictive models through machine learning methods, used to analyze real-time, in addition to historic, complex financial data.
- At least five years of professional experience, after graduation, in the use of advanced statistical analysis/machine learning methods in data analysis within financial services and decision making is vitally important.
- You will be entirely fluent in Python or R.
- Expertise in utilizing relational databases for data storage and analysis including data extraction is essential.
- Entrepreneurial, independent leader with executive presence
- Computer Skills: Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, and uses computers to improve productivity.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Personal Organization: Keeps information organized and accessible, maintains clean/functional workspace, works systematically/efficiently, and manages time well.
- Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Managing Performance: Applies clear/consistent performance standards, handles performance problems decisively and objectively, is direct but tactful, provides guidance and assistance to improve performance.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Interpersonal Skills: Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback, and handles constructive criticism.
- Managing Technology: Has an awareness of, researches and adopts effective technologies that improve the bottom line, works well with tech resources.
- People Management: Defines roles and responsibilities, motivates and challenges employees, delegates effectively, rewards contributions, manages collaboratively.
For consideration, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.